Thursday, December 10, 2020

Cloak and Dagger Reading Challenge Wrap Up

Mysteries are my favorite genre to read. When I signed up for the challenge I agreed to read 16-25 books.  I surpassed that challenge by reading 30 mysteries from the historical, psychological thriller, murder mystery, cozy, forensic and geneological crime sub-genres.  20 of the authors who I read were new to me. Here is what I read:  

The King's Justice by E. M. Powell
Sugar and Spite by Samantha Price
Old Bones by Preston and Child
The Low Road by A. D. Scott
Hide Away by Jason Pinter
In Her Eyes by Sarah Alderson
The Housekeeper by Natalie Borelli
Apartment 6 by Stuart James
Trap Door by Dreda Say Mitchell 
The First Husband by McCarver Black
The Three Women by Valerie Keogh
Some Days are Dark by Miranda Smith
Seven Days by Alex Lake
The Man She Married by Alison James
The Stranger's Wife by Anna-Lou Weatherby
Lavender Blue Murder by Laura Childs 
The Housekeeper by Natalie Barelli
Singapore Sapphire by A. M. Stuart 
Opium & Absinthe by Lydia Kang 
I Know Your Secret by Ruth Heald
The Sadist by Carol McMahon
4 Riverside Close by Diana Wilkinson
Hiding the Past by Nathan Dylan Goodwin
Lockdown by Peter May
The Lover's Portrait by Jennifer Alderson 
Revenge in Rubies by A. M. Stuart 
Little Girls Tell Tales by Rachel Bennett
The Perfect Life by Valerie Keough
The Girl She Wanted by K. L. Slater
The Cipher by Isabella Maldonado 

Favorite Book: Apartment 6. 

I read this psychological thriller in March and today I am still marveling about it.  Clearly, I need to reread it.  Stuart James, a new to me author, wrote this story in Hitchcock style; Scary and gripping from beginning to end.

Second Favorite Book:  Seven Days.

This is another fabulous psychological thriller that I can see made into a movie.  

Least Favorite Book:  Sugar and Spite.

While the book is not that bad, it is an old fashioned cozy which is not my favorite type of cozy.  All of  the other books that I read this year were great and it was difficult to rate them, let alone try to pick one that I didn't like.

Honorable Mentions go to Little Girls Tell Tales, 4 Riverside Close, The Sadist, Trap Door and I Know Your Secret.

Because of the coronavirus shutdown my public library was closed for several months. Every one of the new authors that I read were found on Kindle. Before March I rarely used Kindle but I had to adapt due this season of covidtide.  

No comments:

Post a Comment