Friday, December 18, 2020

Stacking the Shelves


With another payday this week I hit the Amazon and Barnes and Noble websites looking for nothing in particular.  I came away with both physical and ebooks. I indulged my love for medieval illuminated manuscripts with Michelle Brown's Understanding Illuminated Manuscripts A Guide to Technical Terms. The book is a glossary of words that are used to describe many elements of illuminated manuscripts along with their definitions. I expected that it would be a large book but it is just a little larger than 5 x 7.  Since I just finished an online course on the topic I thought this would be a good resource for me.
I also picked up The Glass Ocean, Lethal Harvest, Plaid and Plagiarism, Djinn Patrol on the Purple Line and Ariana Franklin's last book that she wrote before she died Death and the Maiden. All of these ebooks are for reading challenges that I will be participating in next year.
I have been compiling a big selection of books to read next year. December just isn't a month when I want to read but I will certainly be prepared for my January reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment