Friday, December 11, 2020

2020 Library Love Challenge Wrap Up

This challenge was challenging this year! My public library, and probably yours, was closed for several months due to the coronavirus shutdown. I was lucky that I did not have to pay any fines on those books I had borrowed before the shutdown that were due to be returned after the shutdown began. When I signed up for the challenge a year ago, I selected the Thrifty Reader Level which required me to read 24 books from the library.  I managed to surpass that challenge and took 36 books out of the library to read and review.  

Here is what I read:

The Other Woman by Daniel Silva

The Crow's Call by Wanda Brusnstetter

Opium and Absinthe by Lydia Kang

The Night Tiger by Yangtse Choo

Singapore Sapphire by A. M. Stuart

The Stone Doors by Brendan Baker

Paying the Land by Joe Sacco

I Know Your Secret by Ruth Heald

Viking:  The Plains of Althing by Katie Aiken Ritter

Mozart in Paris by Frantz Duchazeau

Wicked Things 1 and 2 by John Allison

The Low Road by A. D. Scott

The Queen's Vow by C. W. Gortner

A Bend in the Stars by Rachel Barenbaum

Stepping Stones by Lucy Knisley

The Bone Fire by S. D. Sykes

Filmish by Edward Ross

The Draper's Daughter by Ellin Carsta

Lockdown by Peter May

Rage by Bob Woodward

The Lover's Portrait by Jennifer Alderson

The Evening and the Morning by Ken Follett

Revenge in Rubies by A. M. Stuart

The Girl She Wanted by K. L. Slater

The Cipher by Isabella Maldonado

The Cold Millions by Jess Walter

The Night Portrait by Laura Morelli

This Was Our Pact by Ryan Andrews

Notes on a Thesis by Tiphaine Riviere

Shanghai Dream by Phillippe Thirault

Something New by Lucy Knisley

The Pilgrim Conspiracy by Jeroen Windermere

The Queen of Paris by Pamela Binnings Ewen

Last Wool and Testament by Molly MacRae

Too Much and Never Enough by Mary Trump

Since I did so well with this challenge I have signed up for next year. 12 books are required to be read and reviewed.  There are no other reading levels in the 2021 challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment