Saturday, September 3, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #21

At the end of each month I plan which books I will read during the following month. While doing so this past week, I discovered that Ruth Heald has a new novel coming out later this month. The Nanny will be published next week on September 8, 2022 and I have pre-ordered a copy of it.

The story concerns a woman who, of course, accepted a job as a nanny. When the baby she took care of disappeared, she was blamed. However, the police did not have enough evidence to charge her with any crime. Fast-forward twenty years and the nanny is a mom herself. One day she answers a knock on her door and is shocked at who is standing in front of her. I presume it's the long lost baby but with Ruth Heald that is too easy of a plot. I know that the story will be a wild ride and am looking forward to reading it.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. The potential for all sorts of twists to happen! I've not read any of Ruth Heald's books before. I shall have to have a look at some point!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/03/stacking-the-shelves-library-loot-4/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds deliciously suspicious! My happenings: https://bookshelfjourneys/post/sunday-post-14

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s always fun to read a new book from a favourite author. I hope that you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good one. I love books like this where the past comes back to haunt someone lol. Usually through no fault of their own! Well, sometimes ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comes out very soon. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything by Ruth Heald but your description of this one has me wanting to read it. A book that takes you on a wild ride is a must read. hope you enjoy The Nanny when you read it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that does sound interesting. I have not read her before. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoy the book. Thanks for the visit - happy reading.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Nanny sounds great. I hope you love it! 📚

    I'm really late getting my STS hopping done. 🙃

    http://lalatoadstone.blogspot.com/2022/09/s-in-bag-better-world-books.html#more

    ReplyDelete