Saturday, September 17, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #22

This past week I visited my local public library and found a book by Charles Finch that I had not read.  His 2021 novel, An Extravagant Death, sleuth Charles Lenox gets a chance to travel to America. Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli sends him on a diplomatic mission to New York City on behalf of the Queen. While there, Lenox hobnobs with both the old Knickerbocker society and the new robber barons. After the season's most beautiful debutante throws her self off a cliff, it is assumed that she killed herself. Lenox thinks that it could be murder. With his reputation for solving cases having preceded him, Lenox is invited to a magnificent Newport mansion to investigate the death.  

I have not posted in this meme before about library books that I have added to my stack. I finally feel safe going to the library since the pandemic began so there may be more of these posts. Last year I read Finch's The September Society which he published in 2008. He has 16 books published to date. 14 of them are part of the Charles Lenox series. I loved The September Society and plan on reading all of his books, whenever I get the time. 

What have you stacked your shelves with this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love going to the library! I still wear my mask when I am there though. I have a weaker immune system so trying to keep away ALL the germs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my library for ebooks. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete