Saturday, December 10, 2022

Wrap-Up of the 2022 Nonfiction Reader Challenge


There were no book requirements for this challenge.  Knowing that I don't have to meet a specific quota of books to read and review helps me actually read more.  This year I did something I never do.  I read gossipy books about Britain's royal family.  Check out my reviews below:

The Widow Clicquot by Tilar Mazzeo
Revenge by Tom Bowers
Nazi Gold by Tom Bowers
Starry Messenger by Neil deGrasse Tyson
William at 40 by Robert Jobson
Salt by Mark Kurlansky
A Billion Years by Mike Rinder

Favorite Book:  The Widow Clicquot, a biography of the woman who started the Veuve Clicquot Champagne House
2nd Favorite Book:  A Billion Years, a biography of a former scientologist
Least Favorite Book:  Nazi Gold, the history of gold stolen by the Nazis from their Jewish victims

4 comments:

  1. I've also read books for this Challenge. But I'm confused that you write, "There were no book requirements for this challenge" since there were certain nonfiction topics required. But it's great that you enjoyed the reading. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Participants had the option of finding books in certain topics or just read any nonfiction books. I knew I would never be interested in many of the topics so I opted to just read books that interested me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I forgot that there was an option to choose any number of non-fiction books in topics of your choice. You seem to have chosen an interesting variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating, I hope you join me again in 2023!

    ReplyDelete