Saturday, December 3, 2022

2023 Nonfiction Reader Challenge

 

I don't read alot of nonfiction but have enjoyed the 7 books I read for the challenge this year. Thus, I am signing up to participate in the challenge in 2023.  The aim of the Nonfiction Reader Challenge is to encourage readers to make nonfiction a part of their reading experience during the year.  You can select, read and review a book from the categories listed below for a total of 12 books; OR select, read and review any nonfiction book. Books can be in any format such as print, electronic or audio. To participate you need to select one of the goals shown below:

Nonfiction Nipper:  read and review 3 books from any 3 listed categories
Nonfiction Nibbler:  read and review 6 books from any 6 listed categories
Nonfiction Nosher:  read and review 12 books, one for each category
Nonfiction Grazer:  read and review any nonfiction book.  Set our own goal.

Categories:

history
memoir/biography
crime and punishment
science
health
travel
food
social media
sport
relationships
the arts
published in 2023

Additional Rules:

1)    Readers can choose books as they go or create a list in advance. 
2)    You can combine this challenge with others
3)    When a book qualifies for more than one category, it can only count for one category.
4)    Books can be read in any order, at any pace.
5)    To join the challenge, create a blog post concerning your participation in the challenge. Non-bloggers are welcome to join however. 
6)    You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or Librarything and post via Instagram or Twitter. Just add your name and a link to your shelf/account in the signup.
7)    The challenge runs from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.  Participants can can at any time before December 1, 2023.
8)    Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, please identify the post by adding either a direct statement and/or the challenge image badge to the post. It’s also helpful if you indicate the category the book fulfills.
9)    Use the hashtag #ReadNonFicChal on social media. You can tag the challenge host on Twitter:  @bookdout or Instagram: @shelleyrae _bookdout to share or Mastodon @shelleyrae@aus.social.

My Challenge:

I am signing up for the Nonfiction Grazer level. It would be hard for me to find books that I want to read in categories other than history and memoir/biography. I did read a science book this year but that was a rare read. Most likely all of the books I end up reading for the challenge will be published in 2023. 

2 comments:

  1. I've entered the Challenge this year also (for the 3rd time). There were a number of categories that didn't appeal to me each year, but I chose those books anyway - and sometimes I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. One of the reasons I like this challenge is that it really does challenge me to get out of my nonfiction comfort zone! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted you are participating again this year!

    ReplyDelete