Thursday, December 15, 2022

Wrap-Up of the 2022 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge


I signed up for this challenge at the Ancient History level which required that I read 25 historical novels.  I met the challenge with 27 books.  This is a big reduction in reading for me as in 2021 I read 50 books for the challenge.  I am having problems concentrating lately but I did read some excellent books.

Evil in Emerald by A. S. Stuart
Royal Heir by P. K. Adams
The Fugitive Colours by Nancy Bilyeau
The Girl in the Painting by Renita D'Silva
The Winthrop Woman by Anya Seton
The Last Rose of Shanghai by Weina Dao Randel
London by Edward Rutherford
Peach Blossom Spring by Melissa Fu
The Opus Dictum by Gary McAvoy
Island Queen by Vanessa Riley
Hotel Portofino by J. P. O'Connell
Fast Girls by Elise Hooper
The Magnolia Palace by Fiona Davis
Lock Up Honesty by Anna Castle
The Vivaldi Cipher by Gary McAvoy
In a Kingdom by the Sea by Sara McDonald
Why Mermaids Sing by C. S. Harris
Booth by Karen Joy Fowler
The Good Wife of Bath by Karen Brooks
Kaikeyi by Vaishneva Patel
The Spanish Daughter by Lorena Hughes
Paris by Edward Rutherford
Children of Sugarcane by Joanne Joseph
The American Adventuress by C. W. Gortner
Dust Child by Nguyen Phan Que Mai 
Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Favorite Book:  Peach Blossom Spring
2nd Favorite Book:  Kaikeyi
Least Favorite Book:  Hotel Portofino

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on meeting your challenge! I've read the two Rutherford books and enjoyed them. I think I'd like to try some of these other titles. Especially the ones set in the UK for my Friday posts.

    ReplyDelete