Detective Becca Ramos is assigned to investigate the disappearances of several people on Callisto. She will discover a hidden cult who uses the symbol of a cross in a circle. They are called pilgrims but no one knows why. The group is either a religious group from earth or they could possibly refer to the people who came to America. As Becca investigates the disappearances she sees a growing body count and many of the deceased are near the cross symbol. Field Surveyor Santoro is the suspected perp and Becca is searching for him.
I particularly enjoyed the mechanical cats on this moon. They look just like the cats on earth but these cats are rechargeable. The Callisto setting was similar to earth. There were highrise condos, a city hall and a jail. However, the buildings look like they were created from shipping containers. There was alot of metal on this moon. Colorist Lee Loughridge colored the drawings in muted tones of green, blue, burgundy, teal and brown. The color pallette helped create an otherworldly, dystopian atmosphere which I would expect to find on another planet or moon. Parents, there is no foul language in the story but there is nudity and sexy scenes.
The story moved quickly making the book a fast read. There is one issue that I have though. SPOILER ALERT. I didn't understand the ending. Becca wakes up in a hospital after being unconscious for three days. She appears to be very pregnant and a doctor states she is ready to deliver the child. On the next page we see that all the doctors are dead, having been gruesomely murdered. Huh?
Please note that I received a free copy of this book from Book Sirens in exchange for an honest review. The book will be published on October 6, 2026.
3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment