Saturday, November 6, 2021

Wrap-Up of the 2021 Chunkster Challenge

 

The rules for the Chunkster Challenge had no limit on the number of books required to read but the books had to be 450 pages or more.  I found 16.  Actually, I found 17 but will not have time to read Edward Rutherford's London until next year.  Here's what I read:

With No One as Witness by Elizabeth George
America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray
The Lost Daughter by Gill Paul
The Code Breaker by Walter Isaacson
The Cartiers by Francesca Cartier Brickell
My Dear Hamilton by Stephanie Dray
Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keefe
Beneath an Indian Sky by Renita D'Silva
China by Edward Rutherford
Dear Abigail by Diane Jacobs
The Cellist by Daniel Silva
Dominus by Steve Saylor
Sweet Tooth Compendium Edition by Jeff Lemire
Peril by Bob Woodward
The Stolen Lady by Laura Morelli
The Widow Queen by Elzbieta Cherezinska

Favorite Book:  China

2nd Favorite Book:  Dominus

Least Favorite Book:  With No One as Witness. 

All of these books except one was rated 5 out of 5 stars. With No One as Witness was rated 2 out of 5 stars so it gets the least favorite title.  9 of the authors were new to me!

I love going to my local bookstore and roaming for chunky books.  They stand out on the bookshelves and are easy to find.  Usually they are epic historical fiction novels but this year some of my favorite mystery writers published big books. The challenge is running again in 2022 and I will be signing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment