Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Wrap Up of the 2023 Calendar of Crime Reading Challenge


Twelve books were required to be read for this challenge. The rules specify that for each month a book take place in that month, it's the author's birth month, or it's publication month. I met the challenge with all twelve books! Here is what I read:

Death on the Danube by Jennifer Anderson
Murder on the Beach by Dianne Harman
Murder in the Park by Jeanne Dams
Good Friday by Lynda LaPlante
Honey Drop Dead by Laura Childs
Fourth of July Forgery by Tonya Kappas
Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke.
The Shallows by Holly Craig
A Polluted Font by Mel Starr

Favorite Book:  The Shallows

Second Favorite Book:  Honey Drop Dead

Least Favorite Book:  Key Lime Pie Murder, Murder in the Park and Death on the Danube all received no stars out of 5 so I have a three way tie for my least favorite book. In addition, Thanksgiving Treachery received 1 star and Murder on the Beach only received 2 stars.  These two books I will also consider as my least favorite book for the challenge.  With 5 books that I disliked I have to think more thoughtfully about books that I choose for this challenge.  I will be participating again next year and want to have more success with my book choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment