Friday, July 29, 2022

Book of the Month: July

I have a four way tie for book of the month.  I could not choose just one book from among Kaikeyi, Beasts of a Little Land, My Wife is Missing and The Good Wife of Bath. All of these novels are rated way over 5 out of 5 stars. With the exception of My Wife is Missing, all of the books are historical fiction. 

The story of Kaikeyi expands on the character's life that is mentioned in the Hindu script Ramayana. Likewise, The Good Wife of Bath expands on the story in the The Canterbury Tales. Beasts of a Little Land is different in that it gives the history of Korea in the entire 20th century through the eyes of 4 main characters. My Wife is Missing is a gripping suspense novel that had me guessing throughout the story.

Instead of repeating what I wrote in the reviews, check out the review links above if you haven't read them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment