Sunday, September 12, 2021

A Trip to the Library

I think I overdid it yesterday. This big stack of books was hard to carry home on the bus and my back is still hurting. I expected to pick up one book but just got too excited and picked up every book that seemed even mildly interesting. 

I am already halfway through Simon Brett's An Untidy Death. Having avoided political mysteries for a few years, I am going back to James Rollins and Brad Thor. We will see if I like them. If my job wasn't in government I would never have stopped reading these authors. They are great writers but sometimes you feel you cannot relax with a book that makes you feel like you're still on the job. What is most interesting about this group of books is that Margaret Truman continues to write even though she's been dead for 10+ years. Now that's amazing! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment