Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Can't Wait Wednesday #33

I love this weekly meme where we showcase books that we are excited about but haven't yet read. Usually they are books that haven't been published yet. 

This week I want to highlight The Thirteenth Husband by Greer Macallister. The story is based on a real woman from history. It takes place during the gilded age and is narrated by the glamorous Aimee Crocker. Aimee reveals everything about her from her mischievous days in German finishing school to dinners with Hawaiian royalty to lavish Astor parties in Manhattan. But behind Aimee's public notoriety, there's private pain over something that happened to her when she was ten years old.

The plot interests me but the book title has me engaged. Who had 13 husband's and how did she get rid of them all? I simply have to read this novel. It goes without saying that I'm excited to read about dinners with Hawaiian royalty because Hawaii is my favorite state. 

The book was published yesterday and I will be reading and reviewing it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment