Saturday, August 31, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #33


Yesterday I perused books on my Kindle app and found this interesting book. The Berry Pickers was published in October 2023. I can't believe that I passed it up because both the story and the book cover are enticing.


In July 1962, a Mi’kmaq family from Nova Scotia arrives in Maine to pick blueberries for the summer. Weeks later, four-year-old Ruthie, the family’s youngest child, vanishes. She is last seen by her six-year-old brother, Joe, sitting on a favorite rock at the edge of a berry field. Joe will remain distraught by his sister’s disappearance for years to come. The story alternates between 1962 and the current era where a young girl named Norma has recurring dreams and visions that seem more like memories than imagination.

It will be interesting to read about this indigenous group. I have never heard of them.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound interesting. I've not heard of them either.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/31/stacking-the-shelves-75/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of them and I'm Australian! Movies are more educational than we realise (tho may be false information!) Sounds interesting! I do like books that shift time and perspectives. #Stackingthe Shelves

    ReplyDelete