Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Book of the Month: July

Recently I found out about the publication of a new China Bayles mystery novel. I immediately obtained a copy. In this installment of the series, the author has focused on the coffee bean because it helps with memory and the title is about not forgetting. I loved reading the little known facts about coffee and caffeine such as the fragrance of coffee comes from over 800 aromas. The darker the roast of the bean, the easier it is to detect them by scent. The story was engaging and I enjoy the light reading experience that the author gives the reader. I read alot of books on serious topics so when I see a new novel by a favorite cozy author, I know to savor the experience. Forget Me Never did not disappoint.

China Bayles is a former attorney who runs an herb and catering business. Her best friend Ruby is a clairvoyant but also her business partner. Ruby's psychic abilities are showcased in this story. This novel had more twists than we usually see from Albert, most likely because China had three murders to solve. It was a fun and relaxing read!

Five of my favorite authors will be publishing new novels next month. I am excited for my August reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment