Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Book cover of the Month: July

Forget Me Never by Susan Wittig Albert is my best book cover for this month. It has one of my favorite color combinations, blue and yellow. In this 29th installment of the China Bayles series, the author has focused on the coffee bean because it helps with memory and the title is about not forgetting. In 2019 the author started self-publishing under her own imprint, Persevero Press. She subcontracts out the cover art design and I have been unable to determine who the designer is. 

An attractive book cover determines whether your book sells. The average consumer spends just eight seconds looking at the front cover and no more than fifteen seconds looking at the back. The average national buyer takes even less time than that to make a decision about the number of copies he or she will buy. Good covers don’t guarantee big sales, but bad covers can kill projects. I am always immediately attracted to any book cover with bright covers. Since I love this author I was going to buy the book regardless of the cover. If I was not familiar with her, I would have picked up the book at my local bookseller and taken a closer look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment