Saturday, November 19, 2022

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was published in 1988 and is a romantic mystery novel. I was not able to finish the book though. The writing read like a primer for kids just learning how to read. It reminded me of those old Dick and Jane books that my generation grew up on. Yes, this is a severe criticism but the suspension of belief was too far for me to go. Girl meets boy. Girl brings boy's rabbit to his home and then stays there alone after a new mother drops off her infant and boy leaves for work.

I selected the book for the Calendar of Crime Challenge. However, I am not sure whether there was any mystery element to the plot. Given that Janet Evanovich wrote Thanksgiving, I expected a mystery. This is the first book that I read in 2022 that I didn't like and didn't finish. I guess that makes 2022 a successful year for my reading. 

No rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment