Thursday, December 2, 2021

Wrap-Up of the 2021 Cruisin' Through the Cozies Challenge

I signed up to read 10 books for this challenge.  I met the challenge with 18 books! Here they are:

The Hawaiian Discovery by Wanda Brunstetter
Plaid and Plagiarism by Molly MacRae
Haunted Hibiscus by Laura Childs
The French Paradox by Ellen Crosby
Followed by Helen Macie Oysterman
Killer Deadline by Lauren Carr
The Blended Quilt by Wanda Brunstetter
Persian Perpetrator by Katherine Hay-don
Peaches and Schemes by Anna Gerard
Return to the Big Valley by Wanda Brunstetter
Ice Blue by Emma Jameson
Loch Down Abbey by  Beth Cowan-Erskine
Hemlock by Susan Wittig Albert
Twisted Tea Christmas by Laura Childs
The Beginning by Beverly Lewis
Turkey Trot Murder by Leslie Meier

Favorite Book:  Hemlock
Second Favorite Book:  Twisted Tea Christmas 
Least Favorite Book:  Plaid and Plagiarism

7 of the authors were new to me. It's interesting that 5 of the books are Amish fiction and that 3 of them were written by Wanda Brustetter. I didn't start out expecting to read Amish fiction but it worked out that way.  I have lost some of my enthusiasm for cozies but still read favorite authors Susan Wittig Albert, Laura Childs, Cleo Coyle and Ellen Crosby.  I began reading some new authors but couldn't become interested in them and gave up. I have always enjoyed Amish fiction and, frankly, could not complete the challenge without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment