Sunday, December 16, 2018

Wrap Up of My Kind of Mystery 2018

I read 15 books for the My Kind of Mystery challenge this year.  Below is a list of the books that I read:

City of Ink by Elsa Hart
The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
Origin by Dan Brown
Plum Tea Crazy by Laura Childs
Shot in the Dark by Cleo Coyle
Death on Delos by Gary Corby
The First Family by Daniel Palmer
The Demon Crown by Dan Silva
I've Got My Eyes on You by Mary Higgins Clark
Beyond the Ice Limit by Preston and Child
Queen Anne's Lace by Susan Wittig Albert
Radio Girls by Sarah-Jane Stratford
City of Masks by S. D. Sykes
Story of a Sociopath by Julia Navarro
The Vineyard Victims by Ellen Crosby

Favorite Book:  Story of a Sociopath by Julia Navarro.  She gets the sociopath down right!

Second Favorite Book:  Death in Delos by Gary Corby. Each successive book in his Ancient Greece series is better than the one before it.

Least Favorite Book:  I think there is a 3 way tie for this award. I did not like Origin, The Essex Serpent and Plum Tea Crazy. It is unusual for me to not like a mystery but it happened often this year.  Dan Brown's Origin was not his usual treasure hunt and it seemed like he didn't write it himself. Plum Tea Crazy is part of a long series by Laura Childs where the last several books were very similar. She is publishing 3 books a year for 3 different series and the writing is suffering.  The Essex Serpent was a slow moving story with a small plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment