Saturday, March 25, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #23

Yesterday I searched Amazon for newly published Amish fiction. I wanted something uncomplicated to read. Wanda Brunstetter just published Letters of Trust so I purchased it. It is the first part of a duology called The Friendship Letters. In this series Donna Schwartz, who has always enjoyed writing letters, feels that her letters can be a ministry to her friends.  Exchanging letters that contain open and honest feelings and struggles helps Doretta and two of her best friends through the darkest challenges of their lives.

 The publisher's summary:
 
Life is good on their Pennsylvania Amish farm for newlyweds Vic and Eleanor Lapp—until the day Vic’s youngest brother drowns in their pond and Vic turns to alcohol to numb the pain. Things get so bad that Vic loses his job and their marriage is coming apart. Eleanor is desperate to help her husband and writes letters to her friend, Doretta, living in Indiana for advice. The trust Eleanor places in her friend and the gentle words she receives in return are a balm for even darker days to come.

I am looking forward to reading the book this weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. Ohthus sounds really good! Its amazing what a little faith and trust can do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that novels about the Amish are very popular, and this seems like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love her books but then I read a few that did not live up to my expectations, and I haven't read her newest books. I do enjoy Amish fiction though. I hope you enjoy this one and I would love to hear your thoughts when you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! This sounds like a cute read! Great haul!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an interesting story. I hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend. - Katie

    My STS if you care to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2023/03/stacking-shelves-25-march-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good read. Hope it is exactly what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete