Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Reading Statistics

For most of my life I was an avid reader and for 8 years I wrote a blog called The Mystery Bookshelf on Blogger.  I know that during my blogging years I was reading between 120-130 books per year. For some reason, I just stopped reading for 4 years.  I do not know why.  I just got started reading again in 2017 and have read 81 books this year.  I am surprised that I read this many books.  In the beginning of the year I expected that I might be able to read 30-40 books if I tried hard.  I really did not know what to expect because I cannot figure out why I stopped reading.

However, I am still going to sign up for a few reading challenges next year.  I am going to skip the Craving the Cozies Reading Challenge as well as the What's in a Name Reading Challenge.  The Creativity Reading Challenge was cancelled soon after I joined earlier this year so that challenge is off also.  I am not sure about rejoining the New Author Reading Challenge.  I have found that as I search for books for other challenges I am finding new authors so there is no point in making a special effort for that challenge.  

On to 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment