Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Can't Wait Wednesday #9

I have been anxiously waiting for the publication of Melissa Yu's Peach Blossom Spring and cannot wait to get my hands on it. The book is on hold for me at my local library and I should be notified soon that it is ready to be picked up.

Peach Blossom Spring has the moost beautiful book cover that I have ever seen. It's red and pink color scheme mixes my two favorite colors. The story takes place in 1938 China. The main character, Meilin, must flee her home with her four year old son Renshu as the Japanese army approaches her town. She travels throughout a ravaged country seeking a safe place and brings with her a beautifully illustrated scroll that offers her some solace. An alternating plot concerns Renshu. He has settled in the U. S. and changed his name to Henry Dao. Henry has a daughter who wants to know about her Chinese heritage but Henry refuses to discuss it with her. He feels that the weight of history will drag his family down. 

This is a family saga that spans several generations. If you like these sagas, join me in reading Peach Blossom Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment