Friday, February 4, 2022

Saga #55

Saga is back! After reading the newest Saga release, number 55, I had to go back to an old edition in order to remember where the story left off 3 years ago. I didn't recognize any of the characters. This was an easy adjustment though and then I re-read #55. There is no recap of the story at all here. It just starts off running in a new direction. I must say that I did not remember a ton of foul language or explicit sexual drawings in earlier editions of this comic. Note, though, that the pages of release 55 are filled with graphic sexual illustrations. 

The story itself was interesting. Marko and Alana's daughter Hazel is now the main character. After stealing a record, Hazel is chased through the streets of a new planet with her sidekick Bombazine. Together they plan on selling a nutritious baby formula in order to support themselves. Of course, they are plagued by cops, terrorists and pirates.

As you may have already heard, Marko was killed off at the conclusion of #54. We did not know whether he would survive an attack against him or not until now. He was a great character and I will miss him. Alana survived the attack, however.  The next release in this comic will be on February 23, 2022. I think we all are looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment