Saturday, October 16, 2021

Stacking the Shelves #9

I am on vacation for the rest of October and wanted to pick up more historical novels by Edward Rutherford. His China was fabulous. Sadly, I could only find one of them at my local bookstore.  London is a wonderful 1,126 pages long and I am happy that I was able to get it.  The book is an epic saga of the city of London that spans 2,000 years, from the era of Julius Caesar to the 20th century. Many generations of six families are showcased here.

I also went to my public library and found several books that I have been waiting all year to be published.  Laura Childs' Twisted Tea Christmas is the latest installment of her Indigo Teashop Mysteries. S. D. Sykes' 5th book in her medieval mystery series is titled The Good Death.  The Widow Queen by Elzbieta Cherezinska gives us a historical look at Polish Queen Swietoslawa. It will be refreshing to read a historical novel that doesn't take place in the big three: England, France and Italy.  

Which one to start with?  The chunkster London.

No comments:

Post a Comment