Thursday, July 30, 2026

August Armchair Travel Plans

Next month I will continue to read books about the founding of the U.S. as well as catch up on my TBR list. Keith Smith's An American Patriot is about a Revolutionary War soldier. The Secret Wife of Aaron Burr by Susan Holloway Scott concerns the obvious, American Princess is about Alice Roosevelt Longworth, 355 is about the female spies that General George Washington used, and Rachel Khong's Real Americans gives us the twenty-first-century reality of an immigrant assimilating into American society.

A few mysteries are also in my reading plan. Through Net Galley I have two books: Tempered for Murder is a culinary cozy mystery featuring chocolate and The Doctor in the Corner Clinic is a locked room murder mystery. I received a free copy of 24 Hours to Forget from Librarything's Early Reviewer's Club. It’s a short mystery with only 104 pages.

As far as traveling outside the American shores I plan on reading Eve Chung's The Young Will Remember (China), Hooked by Asako Yuzuki (Japan), The Emporer of Seville (Spain) and Tokyo Express (Japan). So far, I am planning to read 12 books. If I have time, and it's a big if, I would like to read more Japanese novels. 

So. . . . . where are you traveling to next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment