Thursday, June 27, 2024

Six Days Spent

I selected this book for the Clock Reading Challenge.  For this challenge I need to pick books with the numbers 1 through 12 in the title.  I am supposed to impose the book cover onto a clock face where the corresponding numbers are placed.  When I figure that out, I will post an image.

Six Days Spent is the 6th installment of Luana Ehrlich's Mylas Grey mystery series. The story opens when private investigator Mylas Grey gets a call from the wife of a high-profile Pentagon official. He assumes that it’s about their appointment with him to discuss a possible stalker. It’s not. It’s about her husband who has just been murdered. Mylas agrees to investigate the murder. When Mylas discovers that he has two viable suspects, he’s forced to spend several days piecing together the evidence to unmask the real killer. Installment 6 of the Mylas Grey Mystery Series is a clean, faith-filled mystery, filled with unforeseen decisions, intriguing suspects, and romance.

During the first half of 2024 I have read 12 of Erhlich's novels. They come from 2 different series. To say that I need a break is an understatement. It has been difficult to write reviews because I cannot come up with anything new to talk about. Yes, I enjoyed them but they all seem so similar. Next month I will begin reading a few of Janet Evanovich's novels for the clock challenge.

Six Days Spent has a simple plot. There are no huge surprises or plot twists. Character development is prominent. We see Mylas and his girlfriend Whitney moving toward a further commitment. We see as well how Mylas leans on God on a daily basis and waits to hear from Him on what he should do in any given situation. 

This was a short but sweet story.  I am rating it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment