Saturday, December 30, 2017

Wrap-Up of the 10th Annual Manga/Graphic Novel Reading Challenge

I signed up for this challenge at the Modern Age level agreeing to read 12 books for the challenge.  By the end of the year I ended up reading 31 books for the challenge!  My reviews are shown below:

My favorite book:  Rolling Blackouts:  Dispatches From Turkey, Syria and Iraq.  I loved this new book from Sarah Glidden and her new graphic novel sub-genre, reportage comics.  I also need to give a shout-out to Zeina Abirached for her I Remember Beirut and A Game for Swallows.  Both of these books affected me deeply and I probably remember them the most along with Rolling Blackouts.  Dan Dougherty's Beardo series is one of my favorites too. 

My least favorite book:  Nanjing:  The Burning City.  There was no story written in the book and it was hard to follow the drawings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment